Thursday, October 2, 2025

Happy October!

 

September was a wasteland for me stitching-wise, I finally got to the point where I can deal with everything around my dad and Auntie dying last year. I've been emptying out one storage unit, organizing another one, shredding papers and digitizing what must be a million photos, slides, and negatives; I almost have to laugh at how often I open a box and it's just random old mail and photographs. I cry every day but at least I feel like I'm getting somewhere - I'm hoping to have an empty house and no storage unit by the end of the year. 

I check everyone's blogs when I want to cheer up and see the cute things you all make and the fun places you've been and your beautiful families - thank you so much, faithful blog buddies, for sharing your lives. you have no idea what a blessing you have are, even if no one is commenting that doesn't mean you aren't appreciated!

Some throwback finishes from past Septembers - it's funny how often I have Easter finishes in September, haha, but I did find some fall ones:

Sweeping Cobwebs from Prairie Schooler:

"Be Nice" and "Wish I'd Listened" from the Stitcherhood:





and some throwbacks of Kuna too, still jaunty at 15, or 105 in dog years!











4 comments:

Pamela said...

I’m sorry to hear about the load you are carrying. I can’t imagine how difficult this is. Hang in there!

A Patchwork of Crafts said...

Sometimes we all wonder if our blog visitors are "real" people or just AI algorithms of some sort. I am glad you fins some escape from and solace in the crafting blogs, I know at times that is as much as we are able when life gives us challenges emotional or physical. I hope that your journey with grief will let you arrive at a better place soon.

The Crafty Princess said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. It must be hard going through all those boxes of memories. It will get better, just take it one day at a time, or moment to moment. I love your Halloween stitching, they are wicked. Take care
x Alicia

best embroidery digitizing service said...

You make complex techniques look like a breeze.