I spent a great weekend with Paddington Bear - I try to stay off the news but I can't help myself. I'm so glad I have cross-stitch and Jessica Fletcher to get a breather from the real world!
This is Singing in the Rain, Paddington's hat is just about outlined:
Up, up and Away has the first balloons forming:
At Paddington Station, he got a sleeve on his coat and the wall is forming:
Beach Holiday has his swimsuit taking shape:
In other news, a cat has appeared for Cape Cod Halloween:
The G is forming for Hustle (as in Good Things come to those who Hustle):
and there are some more hearts and flowers in Braver:
My really big news is that I got the Merlin Bird app - I guess I'm the last person on earth who knew about this, but you open it and it listens to all the birds chirping around you and tells you what kind they are. It's mesmerizing, even thought it's almost always house finches at my house. But I really love it and it's a very mellow way to take a few minutes away from current events.









3 comments:
I try to stay away from the news too, but it’s difficult. I too am happy to have needlework as an escape. You’ve accomplished quite a bit!
I haven't watched news in 5 years! I see headlines here and there but I don't read the rest of it. The media can't be trusted. Great progress on everything. I have a bird that lands on my porch railing, it's wood, and screams loudly and pokes the wood like a woodpecker😅I'm afraid he's gonna get my lizard Homer that hangs around my porch!
I have been only watching the local news and that is a lot to take in. Oh my goodness, I am looking forward to seeing Singing In The Rain finished.
Lots of wonderful designs in the works, I am a one at a time stitcher.
I have to look up the Merlin Bird app.
Catherine
Post a Comment