DH went hiking in Zion so I had a lovely hermit and stitch weekend, even though it was a week late. His hikes are always my big chance to eat Chinese food and watch old movies while I stitch my heart out! Our assistant at the restaurant is quitting so I may not have a weekend off for a while, but I watched Royal Wedding and the Shirley Temple version of Heidi and then Roman Holiday - heaven!
My finishes are the rest of the Art Card series from Durene Jones in Cross Stitcher magazine. I'm throwing in the paintings that I think they're based on because until I checked I didn't realize that she was interpreting the artists style but not actually replicating their work. There's Mondrian:
Inspired by this:
Warhol:
inspired by (?):








4 comments:
That's a fabulous collection of modern art. I made a Warhol-inspired design out of a simple flower a few years back. It was fun playing with the bright colours.
I like this series. I’d be afraid to figure out how many days I have to finish a project to finish them all by age 100!
You were almost in my neck of the woods! We had the Crooks Fire here and it's now almost contained. It's pretty windy though so we hope the lines hold. We got socked in with smoke a few times when the wind changed direction. I haven't counted my WIPs yet but if that was all I stitched here on out, I know I could get it done by 90! Your finishes look great!
Positively beautiful.
Love the designs and done with thread, wow so beautiful.
Catherine
Post a Comment